WE’RE A COMMUNITY DEDICATED TO TAKING ACTION
BRINGING UNCOMMON KINDNESS TO PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
- Tacking Point Lions Club has been providing service to the Port Macquarie community and beyond for over 21 years.
- The Club has always been immersed in community initiatives and has cooperated with and assisted, many local organisations.
- In addition to serving locally, we support five global service areas: the environment, diabetes, childhood cancer vision and hunger
Who we are ...
Tacking Point Lions Club is a part of the larger Lions Australia and Lions Clubs International organisations. The club is made up of ordinary people doing extraordinary things - supporting people with a disability, community greening, fundraising for worthwhile causes, to name a few.
We care about our environment. It’s our home, and we’re committed to protecting it.
As a member of Tacking Point Lions, you will find Club projects that enable all members to be involved and to contribute only as much time as they have available. You will experience some personal benefits including a sense of self-worth and purpose, networking opportunities and lifelong friendships.
If you are new to the Port Macquarie, volunteering is a great way to make new friends and become part of your new community.
Join Lions and start your new future!
No matter what your passion, if you’re interested in making your community a better place for you and your family, Lions can help you to achieve it.
A bit about our Club ...
- We are an active club that is still growing.
- Our members have background and expertise in many fields including agriculture, education, business, finance, health, public service, construction and technology.
- Membership is open to men and women over the age of 18 years and of good moral character.
- Many of our community service projects incorporate social activity, so we spend time having fun and socialising with members of our club, our district and our community.
- We are always on the lookout for fundraising opportunities too.
Want to know more ...
As a Tacking Point Lions Club member, you’ll join a local group of service-minded people who volunteer to support your community every day.
Joining a Lions Club is by invitation, applications are encouraged from all members of the community.
The benefits of becoming a Lion include ...
►fellowship ►good times ►meeting people ►building lasting friendships ►service to the community ►learning new skills ►leadership ► personal development
Lions are making a huge difference in our communities.
- Our meetings are held on the first and third Wednesday of every month at the Port Macquarie Golf Club 698 Ocean Drive Port Macquarie NSW 2444.
- Members meet for fellowship and dinner at 6.00 followed by a Club meeting at 7.00.
- Partners are invited to the second meeting each month which usually features an entertaining or informative (sometimes both) guest speaker.
- Social events are organised throughout the year – sometimes at night, sometimes on the weekend.
- Guests and Visitors: We welcome travelling Lions or prospective new members at our meetings.
- Directions to the Port Macquarie Golf Club can be found HERE